Wednesday, March 7, 2012

This is Stupid....

I lived in chaos as a child....but I was naturally a child of logic.  I could always see creative roads to an end result....but if the path had too many twists and turns...I would immediately shift gears to a more linear way of thinking.  Ultimately...this resulted in heaps of trouble and piles of sorrow....but being stubborn...and forever following my inner compass...I persevered.

In my twenties...as I stopped listening to that inner linear voice...my friend asked why I was going the long way around a problem instead of directly towards it...she was right.  What was doing?...Why would I choose the more difficult and truly risky path of dancing around the real solution?  Probably because we all do it...and if we're not doing it society is pushing us to do it...

So...today should have been easy...but it wasn't...it was filled with red tape and passing the buck...instead of the buck stops here.  An agency managed and motivated by the real Fear Factor...stopped my helping a former client because that might "make us liable"....REALLY...because if that person did something to hurt them-self...after I had been contacted and said "I can't because that might make me liable" ....THAT wouldn't make me liable?  That is stupid...

So...my making someone aware of a serious problem...in a timely manner...garners me a email lashing because everyone feels the need to cover themselves...instead of just dealing with the problem...That is stupid...Having a meeting....to discuss having a meeting...That is stupid

Verbally beating everyone up because something is not working in your own life...therefore...driving away people who really want to help...That is just plain stupid...

Getting on an online dating site...posting that you are looking for the real thing and only want someone who understands commitment...then asking the person who responds what their favorite position is...right out of the gate...That is just stupid...

Calling up the pharmacy discount provider...after they have confused your prescription order...and blocked your ability to order the prescription anywhere else....being put on hold four times...after they hung up on you twice...and then you have to explain five times what they did to your pharmacy order...do I really need to say this?  Yes...I do....That is stupid....

Having five supervisors....that just deserves the word...stupid...Thinking I'm going to give you something...if you keep asking...and I said no the first time....you only get the ST.....

What is it with our society?  With all the things that need our attention...homelessness...abuse...mental illness...hunger...addiction...racism...falling high school graduation rates...my cat losing two teeth mysteriously...what are we doing?!  Why are we wasting everyone's time?  Don't talk about it...do it...in our jobs...relationships...with our kids...with our community...with our government...with our freedom of speech...and loopholes...and large corporations...and letting the rich get richer...cut it out...and get down to the real business....the business of doing....

God...What am I doing?  I'm just winding myself up....This is stupid...


2 comments:

  1. I just got to read this and it isn't really funny, but it is and I am having a great laugh as I write this!
    I just finished an online grant proposal that took me longer to upload all the documents which had to be in PDF before you could upload and then when I finally pressed the submit button it told me I couldn't submit because I hadn't uploaded the internal financials even though the attachments page showed it sitting there in the attachments right where it was meant to be...where was I? Oh yes it took me longer to get the darn thing uploaded and eventually submitted with the help of a very nice tech.lady...than it would have taken me to drive to Denver and back (which is what I usually do) and go and eat at a great little Thai cafe just by the foundation building on Colorado Blvd. And I wouldn't have a splitting headache from sitting in front of a computer for the last two days and nights and be wondering how they will read the budget narrative which went into about a -5 size font when I tried to change the formatting and couldn't.
    STUPID it and I was..were..whatever
    loved the blog, but just realized I'll now have to go to the drop down box and submit this too!
    P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately...it's funny because it's true...I mean it is...there is so much time wasted on the red tape/directions/procedure...It's not going to go away because I complained...I wish...and sounds like you wish too right now...And...if it makes you feel any better...it took me an hour to figure out exactly how to reply to comments...and then two days to get it right...;)

      Delete