Friday, March 30, 2012

Hurry Up and Slow Down...

The world is moving faster every day for me....and yet...I am still anxious to move pieces of my life off of my plate...Each day is a mixture of I can't wait for it to start....and I can't wait for it to stop...Sometimes I don't know if I am coming or going...As I feel the negative parts of myself break off and fly away....I find that I am anxious to fly away too...fly away to a new...different place...

I was thinking the other day...what it must be like for a snake shedding its' skin...The process is slow...and painstaking...and once free of the shell that once encased it...the snake is vulnerable and sensitive to the elements...It strikes...not knowing what is safe and what is dangerous...in a sense it is blind to everything...and...at the same time...feels everything...this is me...

So...I move forward...vulnerable...and new....the winds whip around me...as the world rushes by...trying to pull me with it...But...I move at my own pace...I refuse to be dragged or forced...for the first time in my life...I wait for the calm to come...for all pieces to fall into place...Surely....it will be soon...I am worn...all of this change is making me so tired that I can't sleep....

I know I've asked for all of this...I have been preparing my entire life for what the universe is giving me...and I am pleased...deeply pleased...and grateful...that I believed..even when I wasn't sure there was anything left to believe in...I'm not asking anything to stop... but my brain needs a rest...so... I have to say please...please....

Hurry up and slow down....


1 comment:

  1. This is really good one and yes I understand the feeling. Hurry up and slow down.

    ReplyDelete