Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sometimes You Have to Risk It All...

All my life I have taken risks....not the type that bring oooooohhhs and aaaahhhhs from people...nothing that anyone will ever write about...well...I guess I'm writing about it....Ok...nothing that will bring me fame...but there have been risks...some calculated...some flying leaps...

I have done things that others would be too embarrassed to do...I have willing made a fool of myself for love....I've gone against advice that birthed from jealousy or negative places...I have rebelled against entrapment...status quo...the in crowd...I have tried things that everyone was afraid of...that everyone said wouldn't work....and I often act first and apologize later for things that are for a greater good....

I am a true believer....and I can't be broken...I don't want to change from that young girl who could wipe her bloodied nose and whisper...I will surprise you all...One day you will be sorry...I will be happy and you can't stop me...I will do great things...

I can feel that I am on the cusp of something huge....something bigger than myself...something immense and profound...I can feel my feet moving toward the edge...the edge of a great decision...that will change everything...Can I do this?...What if this is the greatest thing I've ever done in my life?...What if this is the test...the true test of my courage?...Will I fail?...Will I meet this head up and head on?...

I pray...to I have no idea whom...that I am ready for this...that I will meet this challenge...this task...with strength...with excitement...with creativity...and with complete abandon....for I am due...I deserve this...I deserve to be set on the edge and allowed to dive into air...and spiral...and free fall to my destiny...my true fate...

I could pull back...I could try to plan...I could second guess...No...Sometimes you have to risk it all...

No comments:

Post a Comment