Thursday, April 26, 2012

Just the Facts Ma'am...

I am posting less frequently right now...not because I am particularly at a loss for words...but my focus is on practical responsibilities...the nuts and bolts of truly changing my life...In four weeks...I'll be on my way to the Mississippi Delta to attend a teacher institute...and speeding toward becoming an English teacher...

Right now...I am studying for exams...applying for positions...selling all of my belongings...and cleaning up cat puke...I think Stan is sick of all of this...My braces come off in three and half weeks...I'm trying to squeeze in workouts...and failing miserably at that...I'm writing like crazy...because I keep involving myself in projects that I have always dreamed of...including my first publication...and I'm trying to finish all the work that needs to be accomplished before I leave my current job...I'm also trying to finish my laundry...

I'm stretched to thin...but I've put on a couple of pounds...I'm tired...but I can't sleep...I'm in love...but I don't have time to see him...I'm pretty positive that I am completely crazy...and that satisfies me to my core...I keep cleaning out boxes...tubs...and drawers...and I still keep running into my former life...When did pictures become like rabbits and propagate every 15 minutes?!...

Next project will be packing what is left of me....creating a website for my teaching experience...and passing the Praxis I & II...somewhere in there I'll change my sheets and the litter in the cat box...This is crazy cool...and  there was a time when I would never have had the courage or stamina to do this...not any more...and the man in my life is proud of what I'm doing...amazing...how did that happen?!  Surely...I had nothing to do with this...

And...now I'm exhausted again...I need a pedicure...but my cats aren't very good at painting toenails...maybe we should just fall into a heap on the bed...listen to the thunder roll...and dream of the future...humidity...large mosquitoes...teeth without braces...teaching young minds and southern mice...but for now...

Just the facts ma'am....

No comments:

Post a Comment