Friday, April 6, 2012

Communication...What's Your Station?...

I believe in the ability to make choices...in other words...I believe that there is always more than one way to take action....Don't get me wrong...I make wrong choices every day...and the days that I have the Midas touch...are truly miracles...and...I am aware that those days are not within my power....Having said this...I still resolutely feel that it's up to us to explore all...how do you say?...options...

Things get really tough...when you find yourself....in relationships with others...who set their hat on one thing...and one thing only...There you are exploring options...they've decided on one route...and...they now feel that should be good enough information for you...a couple of sentences...dead silence...and you should be okay with that...you should accept that...

Interestingly enough...these same individuals are often the ones who want you to "communicate better"...They are quick to tell you that...in fact...you don't know how to communicate...For example...you ask a question...they don't answer...Ok...You ask another question...they don't answer...You now scramble to elicit information...not sure if you have insulted them...or really what is going on...You start testing the fence...to see if you can figure out what is going on...no answer...Then you make a matter of fact statement...and they blow up...???...You weren't yelling...You weren't being mean...You were radioing in  your fears...worries...concerns...

Now...they've tuned you out...and they are quite obviously on another station...You clearly unable to understand the programming...because it's all Greek...and you left your translation dictionary at home....Sometimes...the station is so static filled that you aren't sure if they are even talking at all...

So...what do you do?...What can you do?...Step back...Turn off your phone...pop in a CD...turn on your MP3 player...to hear complete tunes...instead of repetitive stanzas...I don't know...I clearly don't know how to handle it...I don't swallow my words anymore...Is that what I'm supposed to do?  Am I supposed to not say anything?...Keep my mouth zipped and let the music...or static...or Greek programming play on?  Is that the key to happiness?...It doesn't seem so...and with so many knobs to turn and nothing labeled...I'm not sure what my options are...Can anyone help explain this to me...because I'm lost in...what feels like ridiculous...tuneless... music....

Communication...what's your station?...

No comments:

Post a Comment