Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Dating Game....

Now that I am no longer dating online...I feel that I can safely talk about it...without getting stoned...with rocks...Just wanted to clarify...

About a decade ago...people who met online were...well...weirdos...geeks...hermits...stalkers... Now...a decade later...those individuals are still on there...but they are getting laid...Not that I believe hermits and stalkers don't deserve to get laid...it just used to be more difficult for them...I mean stalkers had to actually leave their home...and...well...stalk you...Now...from the comfort of their computer chair they can pull up a selection of people...who confuse online stalking with a date...or a relationship...

Take...for instance...the experiences I have had....Wait...I have to add a disclaimer...I have made several friends during my online dating...So...if you are a guy...and we are still talking...your good...If you are a stalker...and having trouble finding me...you're not good...

So...as I was saying...a friend has one of my stalker dates in her wedding pictures...I have had to block people from Facebook...I had to move and not tell someone...and one...um...gentleman...sent me a picture of his junk...when I requested a recent photo...Little did I know...that I needed to be geographically specific...when asking for a recent photo...

Which brings me to the issue of ..."why don't you send me a pic of your hootie ha..." Why?...it truly does not pose well for pictures...and how exactly am I supposed to work that one out...without falling over and breaking my cellphone...and...if I send it...how do know it's mine?...It could be my neighbor's...

How did this happen??...I'm not that old...How did we go from talking...exchanging banter and flirtatious looks...to send me a pic of your jewels?...Is everyone so disposable...that we can instantly replaced and judged by our own nether regions?...It's bad enough...that relationships are easily dumped...and that we can insta-date right minutes after dumping or being dumped...just by paying close to $100.00 a month...But this shift to booty call and girls gone wild....how much lower can we get?

Or...maybe...we have become a society that doesn't want anyone or anything else...We want superficial in everything...don't ruffle feathers...We flock to mindless movies...our literature is beginning to lack depth...the Kardashians are famous (for what?)...and we sit around at night and watch shows where people make fools of themselves for cash...So...I guess...why wouldn't it be appropriate to send someone a photo of you peepee...

What do I know?...I spend all day working with individuals who are struggling for their dignity...because they've been stripped of it...Why shouldn't we all strip...and draw arrows to our privates?...We point out other people's private business...why not capture our own...and share that too?

Or maybe...our humanity and dignity is just one big game...the dating game....


No comments:

Post a Comment