Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Letting Go....

Today has been a really tough day....I didn't think it would be; but, a new year rolling in means that you are leaving behind what came before.  Letting go is sometimes the hardest part of moving forward.  My future is unclear....I'm facing it on my own...yes, I have friends and people who care about me and I care about them...I am facing my unclear future alone though.  So, here is what I will be letting go, in order to bring positive change into my life....I'm scared to death:


  1. Farmville...it's time
  2. Forgetting to wear my rubber bands on my braces...yes, I'm 43 and wear braces
  3. My credit cards...I've already taken care of that
  4. Dating for a year....this will either be a blessing or a curse
  5. Most of my belongings...I'm buried in stuff
  6. Not exercising...I actually like to exercise, but it is the first thing that I dump in a busy day
  7. Worrying about being in a relationship....if happens, it happens...but I'm wasting my time worrying
  8. Perfection...another waste of my time
  9. Pretending that I don't have a learning disability....an additional misuse of valuable time
  10. Hanging on and in for people who don't want to be with me....for any reason
  11. And...I want to let go of 10 more pounds, but I'll take seven....


I know this is the time that everyone adds things to their list of "To Do's", but I think maybe I've kept a really long list, for a really long time....I'm tired...bone tired, and I want life to look different...maybe, I just want to see it through different eyes.  I'm going to let go this year....and, remember to wear my glasses, so that I can see things...they look super hot with the braces.....

Here's to your New Year and letting go....

8 comments:

  1. People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.
    -- Thich Nhat Hanh

    Just a quote that sounds so familiar to me and my issues with letting go.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an excellent quote! I'm going to put that up in my office....I always tell my clients that failure is much more comfortable than success, because we often choose our failures...we know where we will fail and avoid success, because success most often dwells in the unknown....I also struggle with taking my own advice....thanks for this...really wonderful insight from such a wise mind...M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is an example of why I think it is a good quote for me and you. (-: I have two forms of arthritis. I have Eosinophilic Fasciitis which is a rare connective tissue disease diagnosed in 1995. I also have Rheumatoid Artritis which effects the joints diagnosed in 1997. I no longer have the doctor who diagnosed me because my work switched the insurance plan to Kaiser about 7 years ago. I think the Kaiser Rheumatoid doctors are idiots. Their patient care is not up to par as my last doctor. At least that is what I think. So instead of giving them a chance to treat me, I have sat here in progressive familiar pain over the years. Just for the sake of my health you would think that I would give them a chance right? But instead I sit here suffering because I can't get over the fact that they are not my original doctor. Gotta let that go and go get some good drugs. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaamen! I think our greatest strengths are always our greatest weaknesses too. Being that stubborn probably makes amazing at taking care of others...and not so amazing at taking care of yourself. Go to a doctor...get that taken care of...there definitely are many meds available that would help you live virtually pain free and not become an opiate addict...lol...take care of yourself...you deserve that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list..I'll ditto it..let's work at living it.
    P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dumped Farmville yesterday...I've been wearing my glasses and rubber bands religiously...now I'm bored and I look like an old teenager...what have I gotten myself into...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have gotten yourself into change. (-:

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  8. better to look like an "old teenager" than a young grandma?!?! :p

    ReplyDelete