Sunday, December 25, 2011

The 12 Days of Christmas (After my Divorce)....

****Disclaimer:  I know my blog is a bit late tonight, but I spent a wonderful day with wonderful new family and laughed a lot.  I feel that there is nothing like humor and laughter to take the sting out of some of the realities of a tough year.    A lot of laughter went into this carol.....

(To be sung to the tune of the Twelve Days of Christmas....)


On the 1st day of Christmas (after my divorce) my ex gave to me, a missing Christmas tree.
On the 2nd day of Christmas (after my divorce) my ex gave to me, two mismatched sheets and a missing Christmas tree.
On the 3rd day of Christmas (after my divorce) my ex gave to me, three pets to feed, two mismatched sheets and a missing Christmas tree.
On the 4th day of Christmas (after my divorce) my ex gave to me, four ambiguous text messages, three pets to feed, two mismatched sheets and a missing Christmas tree.
On the 5th day of Christmas (after my divorce) my ex gave to me, five platitudes, four ambiguous text messages, three pets to feed, two mismatched sheets and a missing Christmas tree.
On the 6th day of Christmas (after my divorce) my ex gave to me, six overdue bills, five platitudes, four ambiguous text messages, three pets to feed, two mismatched sheets and a missing Christmas tree.
On the 7th day of Christmas (after my divorce) my ex gave to me, seven in-laws un-friending, six overdue bills, five platitudes, four ambiguous text messages, three pets to feed, two mismatched sheets and a missing Christmas tree.
On the 8th day of Christmas (after my divorce) my ex gave to me, eight maids he milked, seven in-laws un-friending, six overdue bills, five platitudes, four ambiguous text messages, three pets to feed, two mismatched sheets and a missing Christmas tree.
On the 9th day of Christmas (after my divorce) my ex gave to me, nine awkward silences, eight maids he milked, seven in-laws un-friending, six overdue bills, five platitudes, four ambiguous text messages, three pets to feed, two mismatched sheets and a missing Christmas tree.
On the 10th day of Christmas (after my divorce) my ex gave to me, ten pounds of oatmeal?, nine awkward silences, eight maids he milked, seven in-laws un-friending, six overdue bills, five platitudes, four ambiguous text messages, three pets to feed, two mismatched sheets and a missing Christmas tree.
On the 11th day of Christmas (after my divorce) my ex gave to me, eleven pipes a leaking, ten pounds of oatmeal?, nine awkward silences, eight maids he milked, seven in-laws un-friending, six overdue bills, five platitudes, four ambiguous text messages, three pets to feed, two mismatched sheets and a missing Christmas tree.
On the 12th day of Christmas (after my divorce) my ex gave to me, twelve financially hard months, eleven pipes a leaking, ten pounds of oatmeal?, nine awkward silences, eight maids he milked, seven in-laws un-friending, six overdue bills, five platitudes, four ambiguous text messages, three pets to feed, two mismatched sheets and a missing Christmas tree.

2 comments:

  1. I know how that it can be healthy to express your feelings in thoughts through sharing or even through writing but I think this may not be the answer. I get the impression that by each and every key stroke a building up of frustration keeps growing and a good deal of resentment on top of that. If you have dumped money into dating sites then try free ones and take the time to get to know the person prior to meeting and have a good screening time frame. It also seems that your focus is on the actions or life of your ex-husband rather than accepting that the marriage is over and that you need to work on making yourself a better person. While I understand that this was posted in a humourous nature that I feel portions of the lyrics are ringing true in your mind as ongoing emotions and thoughts. The true key to life is using the past as a lesson learned and to use that knowledge for your present and future life ahead. You are who you are and the best course of action is that you move ahead and do not look back. For whatever reason god has a different plan for your life. Your job is to find that purpose and certainly it does not involve dwelling on what could have been or praying that somehow things will go back to the way they were. So meet people on free dating sites, get involved with new things or groups in your area. Meet new people!! People care about you and wish that you have a very impactful future ahead. But this is not healthy and keeps you circling round and round rather than walking down a new path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, of course there is resentment...of course there is frustration that is part of the grieving process. Acceptance comes at the end and that is the new path that I am on...but, life is a journey. I think it's wonderful that you have not ever experienced what I have this year...I have lost more than just my marriage. You also only know what you read in my blog, and you have obviously never tried any of the free sites (I have)...free doesn't mean better...lol...

    I can really tell that it is difficult for you deal with someone hurting, or the grieving process or process, in general. That must be challenging for others in your life. As a person who has struggled to control everything for most of her life, I find this to be quite freeing and very healthy. Lastly, um most of the lyrics, actually did happen. So, if a lot of the song rings with truth, that's because it is true. Truth can hurt and be funny at the same time...but then you don't know me...so, how could you hear that in what I'm writing. Plus, I bet God gets ticked sometimes and I bet everyone once in awhile he uses a bit of sarcasm...thanks for your thoughts...

    ReplyDelete