Monday, December 19, 2011

Month # 1 Where I'm at Now

So, I'm single, actually newly divorced.  That wasn't the plan.  I'm not sure exactly what the plan was, but it wasn't to be single.  "He" found a gal two decades younger, who was okay about "hittin' it" with a married man and she also enjoyed kegger parties.  How could I compete? That about covers the history of my divorce...the rest is just "woulda, coulda, shoulda" stories.  I'm sure they will come up over this year of blogging, but, for now, it's wasted breath.

Having moved past that humiliation, I moved into dating again..a new humiliation, in a new decade, with new rules and "Girls Gone Wild" as a dating guide.  That's where I'm at...right now.

Today, I'm am the victim of what I now call "Gangsta Love."  Forgive me, but I work mostly with individuals who have been incarcerated and the metaphors and terminology I have picked up from them is about as real as it gets...and usually, right to the heart of the matter.

Gangsta Love involves a drive by lovin' that takes you by surprise and it's really your fault because...well...you were in the wrong hood.  You know, you're walking down to the corner store for a RC Cola and a Moonpie and the Love Gangsta comes around the corner in his car, usually a tan Camry, looks normal, has his buddies with him, leans out the window and pops a "love" cap in your ass...it hits an artery, leaving you in a puddle of your own humiliation.  All you were thinking about was where you were headed and now you're just laying on the ground staring up at the sky, wondering what just happened.  They're in the know and you get the blow....

What the hell is that about?  It's especially enjoyable when it's someone you know...that way you're waving at them and grinning while they take you down.  When did this start happening? Or has it always been that way and I just never put myself out there before. By the way, I am currently blogging, while in a puddle of my own humiliation...I never reached the Cola and the Moonpie.

5 comments:

  1. This kind of "lovin" happens. Sadly, but it happens. But...they should have at LEAST let you get your moonpie. ;) Loving this blog by the way. I started, reading it backwards and laughed and almost cried in a couple of them. I really do hope this is something that you continue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe I could stop now, if I tried. This has really burrowed into me, and I actually can't wait to get home to post. And, yes, it is unfair about the Moonpie...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO that comment was from me, crazy that it says unknown. HMMMM... Blog on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, and this is Jamie...STOP GOOGLE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO....you are the funniest woman ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete