Friday, December 30, 2011

My Life as Farmville.....

As you may know, I am choosing my blog topic as it comes up on a daily basis.  This morning a friend was teasing me and stated that he thought my blog was going to be all about Farmville...if you are my friend on Facebook, you know that I play it every day, because I am basically a dork.  The day has progressed and I have been thinking that Farmville could be directly correlated to my life; so, I started breaking it down.....

When I thought I was happily married, I didn't play Farmville, because I found it trivial and stupid.  I heard an argument in a break room, one time, in which one person was upset with the other person, because they had promised to feed their dog...they didn't and the dog ran off.  I thought they were talking about a real dog....until they announced that they were deleting them as a Farmville friend.

Then, my marriage began to deteriorate and I found myself drawn to the Fb game, because I could keep order and have the instant gratification of growth.  As my life worsened, I became obsessed with moving my sheds around, lining up sheep and harvesting all of my trees at the same time.  By the time my ex walked out, I was checking my harvests incessantly, frustrated that nothing was growing fast enough or the way I wanted it to....

Now, that I am divorced...completely single...due to the sweet smell of desperation that has worked it's way into my pheromones and I am diligently working on my muffin top with a bag of chocolate truffles,  I believe that Farmville is a metaphor for my life....I might even be trapped in Farmville.  The following are my fears and questions about the possibilities in this epiphany....


  1. Fear-I may have too many locations that I am working at the same time.  I used to focus on one farm, but now I race back and forth between my English farm and the Winter Wonderland and don't really finish anything.  In fact, I forget that I've already been to England and keep going back, as if I have Farmville OCD.  The piles of projects in my house look like my farms.
  2. Fear-I have become overly obsessed with sheep....just in general.
  3. Problem-I talk to my cats about Farmville and ask them what I should do next.  Their responses matter about as much as the fact that I'm actually trying to decide what I should do next on Farmville.  Neither one will solve the problem of world hunger. Why am I trying to get advice from my animals...on anything?
  4. Question-Is is mentally stable to pull out your calculator and figure out which vegetable planted will offer the most coin, and then act on those figures?  I'm dyslexic with numbers anyway; so, my coin count is as low as my bank account....
  5. Question- Is it really safe that I'm friending everyone and anyone who requests to be my neighbor?...I don't know anything about them....wow...a lot like the dates I've been saying "yes" to...
  6. Fear/Question- If I don't plow my fields regularly, will my berries wither?  I think you know what I mean...  ;)
  7. Fear-  I have no Farm Cash....I think you know what I mean...
  8. Fear- All of my farms look jacked up.....you're catching on
  9. Fear/Question- Why do I feel the need to keep everything that I receive?  I might be a hoarder....
  10. Fear- I have no plan for the future of my farms.....
  11. Fear/Question- Am I overly obsessed with the fact that my farms are a mess or should I try to create order out of chaos?  I mean, none of my neighbors are coming over and straightening out my farm....
  12. Fear- I am farming all the wrong things, because I can't ever seem to make anything right...I don't have all the ingredients....
  13. Question....and Fear- What the  &^&^%  are Glacier Roses?  Should I know this too?!  Another failure in awareness, on my part....
Just as I am when I play Farmville these days, I am overwhelmed with my lack of understanding and ability to rectify these situations....

And, to think, I just started playing Castleville....I'm screwed....

4 comments:

  1. oh...how I miss Farmville...ok, not really. After I realized how MUCH of my life/time it was taking err uhhh, I mean letting it take I decided to delete and block it. and even though I know you dont want "answers" to your "questions" here are a couple A. Your field will get plowed when its supposed and NO berries will be ruined in the process. B. You are a hoarder ;) C. Dont ever pull out your calculator again to decide coinage and finally STOP TALKING TO YOUR CATS and call somebody! :) Thanks for the smiles once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO!!!! Thanks for the feedback... :)) I am a hoarder...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cats probably were telling you to get some mice on your farms

    ReplyDelete
  4. Farmville, CSI, cooking networks, shopping, eating...lots of different distractions in our lives to take us away from the hard/painful task of looking at what's going on inside. They are all the same really...but sometimes necessary survival tools! The trick is to stop them becoming a habit that takes over our lives and keeps us stuck. If only all the unhealthy coping mechanisms could be "blocked" at the appropriate times..like Farmville can be!

    ReplyDelete