Saturday, January 7, 2012

I Should and I Shouldn't.....

I think we all can agree that doing the Should and Shouldn't thing really isn't fair to yourself...it's also a passive way of monitoring yourself with no commitment.  Fact is...it doesn't matter....we all do this....we say it out loud..."I shouldn't have this cookie."  "I should work out today."  I don't know anyone who doesn't Should and Shouldn't.  I spent all day doing this today...."I should change out of my pajamas."  "I should get my ass off the couch."  "I shouldn't play Diablo 2."  I still laid on the couch, in my pj's, playing Diablo...I shouldn't be telling you this....

So, I decided that I should make a list of all the things that I Should or Shouldn't do, but that I never commit to...this should be embarrassing....

I Should.....

  • get out of bed at a decent time on Saturday and Sunday.
  • vacuum every day (I have two cats...geez, the fur gets everywhere).
  • exercise one hour every day.
  • get up an hour early each morning to exercise for one hour every day.
  • make a list of projects that I need to do.
  • actually start doing the things I listed on my project list.
  • sign up for voice lessons again (I sing, but use my voice very little these days, except in karaoke bars).
  • sign up for Fencing lessons again (I Fence, but haven't practiced since 1998...Fencing has nothing to do with building a fence...just saying).
  • do Bikram yoga a couple times a month (I used to do it two times a week).
  • do yoga several times a week (I used to do it every day).
  • read more (I used to read all the time).
  • drink only one margarita, instead of two or three or four.
  • get myself a karaoke machine.

I Shouldn't.....

  • be so sarcastic.
  • be so stressed about my life.
  • be so hard on myself.
  • think about the guys who are emotionally unavailable.
  • try to figure out what I did wrong that made the emotionally unavailable men push me away.
  • date emotionally unavailable men.
  • let emotionally unavailable men kiss me, especially when they give "movie kisses" and don't know how to use their tongue (that was a weird experience and I had to wash my face afterwards).
  • have sex with them either.
  • online game...(yeah, that's going to happen).
  • watch YouTube at work (I missed Glee on Tuesday).
  •  blame myself for my divorce.
  • drink things that stain my rubber bands on my "hot" braces.
  • drink four margaritas.
  • drink four margaritas in a karaoke bar.
  • sing "Big Spender" at that karaoke bar, after four margaritas and smack my own ass during the song.
  • dance on a chair at that karaoke bar to "Baby's Got Back" (I'm probably on YouTube.)
  • wear platform heels, in the Atlanta airport, that make me fall flat on my face, in front of a bunch of people. 
  • carry a torch for someone for 25 years (he's not in my life and never will be...what the hell have I been doing).
  • believe in magical romance (what the hell...again).
  • believe in love at first sight.
  • eat so many sweets, when I have moments of clarity about the realities of love.
  • be so quick to put myself down.
  • assume that if someone doesn't like me or want me or respond to me that there is something wrong with me.
  • "should" all over myself...period.

6 comments:

  1. Makes me think of starting my own list of should and should nots. I should get started. (-:

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...see...it's so easy to start that list. We do it all the time....I shouldn't say that... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should get a good nights sleep tonight but I will probably go out somewhere because I can. Lol! The choices we make! Damn! (-:

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should go out...I would if I didn't live in a rural area...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I am caught up with your blogs and I should get out of bed..or should I? Hell..just realized that I SHOULD have started here instead of going backwards. I should really be smarter about such things.
    P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do things any way that you want...and, I bet you are brilliant at most things..:)

      Delete