Thursday, May 3, 2012

It Ain't Nothin' But a Thang...

I find it interesting that I periodically receive responses to my blog...that...well...have an edge to them....as if...just maybe...I pressed someone's hot button...It's also interesting...to me...that this blog is about me...so...I can...well...talk about how I feel...The even more interesting observation I've made...is that it has been presented to me...that maybe I've had plenty of relationships...I don't need anymore...But...that doesn't make sense...Isn't everything about relationships?...

Let's say you come from a big family...Catholic...16 kids...don't laugh...this is a real family...with a really tired woman popping them out...So...for one person that's 15 relationships...right out of the gate...Does that mean they only get...maybe five more?...What about your school years?...What the hell do you do with that?...Don't talk to me...or pass me a note...I've only got five more relationships in my life...and I don't want to waste it on you...loser...

Not to say that we have to be like Zsa Zsa Gabor...and roll through partnerships...But then...who cares?...She found love...and then it went away...then she found it again...We are humans...we long for companionship...we weren't meant to be alone...Look what happened to the Unibomber...He spent a lot of time alone and built a bomb...I spend a lot of  time alone...and I caught myself pretending to scratch on the scratching post...with my cat...and I fell in a trash can...

And what about the difference between quantity...and quality?...So...my first husband put my head into a wall...and dragged me through the house...um...does that count as a relationship?  What about the one date wonders I went out with...one date and they were gone?...Are we counting those as relationships?....If I talk with a telemarketer too long...is that a relationship?...He wants my money too...wait a minute...that might be a relationship...hmmmmm...

I guess I'm just surprised...we all reach out...we want to be with the one we are with...or someone else...or someone else's someone else...We purchase pets...talk with our neighbors...go to clubs and hope someone dances with us...Most of us are on Facebook...and we get pissed when someone unfriends us...hell...that's a breakup...

I'm not making less of relationships...I'm just saying that...it's okay to want them...There is no magic number...and in order to have them...you have to be out there meeting people...trying them on...dates or friends...and they are kind of like pants...they may fit for awhile...and you may grow out of them...or they break down...or they disappear...That doesn't mean you have to walk around half naked...

We were meant to be complete...and then share ourselves with others...and if you are blessed to find that special someone...who you spend the rest of your life with...then you are blessed...because that doesn't happen for every person...indefinitely...So why worry?...Why get bent out of shape about my quest for the one thing that has been so illusive...and that I wasn't raised to have...it's not your problem....hell...

It ain't nothin' but a thang....

No comments:

Post a Comment