Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Ambiguously Anonymous...

Normally...I don't make it a habit of revisiting what I have written...but I discovered...after my last post...that a few people were disturbed...in a variety of ways...about what I shared...So...to avoid mass hysteria...and to acknowledge those readers who are new to my...um...journey...I will catch you up on what is going down...

This collection of short essays...is just that...but they are filled with truths...my truths...I didn't start this to pull anyone down...or to shock anyone...I began this for me...As a woman who writes all the time...for a living...I had never pursued writing...as a profession...My initial initiative was to start those dream wheels turning...and to explore...openly and honestly...my life...why I found myself suddenly single...and what would I do with that...and with me...

Originally...I wrote every day...and it was good...good to write in that way...Now...that I am farther down my path...I don't really have the luxury of writing every moment...so my posts are further apart...But...at the end of the day...I don't give names...I don't blow anyone's covers...except my own...If this is a tell all...it's my tell all...so that I don't hide anymore...Actually...it's been amazing how this has changed my life...and others that have been affected with my butterfly effect...

As for the topic that I wrote yesterday...fear not...I am not standing on the edge of a cliff...staring into a great abyss...and testing for loose rocks to aid my fall...I simply shared my experience and how I had changed...and how I shared it openly...Although...I veiled the identity of the other individual...I put myself on front street...with an issue that is not as uncommon as one would think....

What I talked about...was very real...very eye opening...and very difficult...Anytime you make a serious commitment...with yourself...it's a big deal...huge...more powerful than Harry Potter's cloaking device...If you are worried that I am tumbling down a spiral of shame...there is less to worry about what I posted...and more to worry about the staircase leading to my loft...I may very well tumble down it one day...carrying all my teacher supplies...

So...rest your head...let your eyes closes...breathe evenly...and drift into a peaceful slumber...If I write about anyone...or any topic...I will first protect the source of my experience...and second...I can promise that what I write about you tomorrow...will...and forever shall be...

Ambiguously Anonymous...

No comments:

Post a Comment